The Utah Brewers Co-Operative has chosen the SOUTHWEST WILDLIFE FOUNDATION as their Charity for their April Fundraiser!
WASATCH AND SQUATTERS PUBS
“BREW UP” 2015’S GUILT-FREE DESSERT PROMOTION
Salt Lake City – (April 1, 2015) – For the sixth year in a row, during the entire month of April, Squatters and Wasatch Pubs will be offering “Guilt-Free Desserts” for guests who dine in any of their five locations.
“Guilt-Free Dessert” is an annual sales contest where all five pubs team up in a friendly rivalry to raise money for worthwhile causes. Every time during April that guests order a “Guilt-Free” dessert at a special price of $5, 100% of the proceeds are donated to charity. This year’s featured dessert will be a Clafouti, which is a cross between a custard and bread pudding, made with rhubarb and strawberries and topped with whipped cream.
In a new twist, this year each restaurant was given the opportunity to select the charity or non-profit they wished to support. Even the employees at The Beer Store on 1763 S 300 West are getting in on the action and will be soliciting donations when customers come in to purchase their favorite Squatters and Wasatch beers.
“To motivate our employees even more, Salt Lake Brewing Co. will match the donation from the restaurant that raises the most money for their charity”, said Chief Operating Officer Doug Hofeling. “The name of the winning store will also be immortalized on a traveling company trophy.”
“Last year’s promotion raised over $13,000,” says Hofeling, “and the restaurants are gearing up to raise even more money in 2015. With the help of Nicholas & Company, who has generously agreed to donate all of the ingredients to make the desserts, our goal is to raise $18,000 in 2015.”
The chosen recipients for 2015 and their sponsoring pubs are as follows:
- Breathe Utah (org) Breathe Utah is dedicated to improving the air we breathe through education, collaboration and policy. (Sponsored by Squatters Pub Brewery)
- Friends of Animals Utah (foautah.org) Friends of Animals envisions a community where every pet has a permanent and loving home, every companion animal is spayed or neutered and all pets are treated with respect and compassion. (Sponsored by Wasatch Brew Pub Park City and Squatters Roadhouse Grill & Pub)
- Camp Hobé (camphobekids.org) Camp Hobé is a special camp designed for children with cancer and their siblings where kids grow in spirit, strength and understanding. (Sponsored by Squatters Salt Lake International Airport)
- Best Friends Animal Society (bestfriends.org) Best Friends works to bring about a time when there are No More Homeless Pets, by demonstrating and promoting exemplary animal care and building community programs and partnerships. (Sponsored by Wasatch Brew Pub Sugar House)
- Southwest Wildlife Foundation of Utah (gowildlife.org) The Southwest Wildlife Foundation is dedicated to wildlife rescue, wildlife and environmental education. (Sponsored by the Utah Brewers’ Cooperative)
So if you or your friends get a chance to visit Salt Lake City;
Support the Southwest Wildlife Foundation being sponsored by:
The Utah Brewers Co-Operative
1763 South 300 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
About Wasatch & Squatters Pubs & Beers
In 1986, Greg Schirf opened Utah’s first craft brewery, Wasatch Beers and Brewpub, in the resort town of Park City. In 1989, Jeff Polychronis and Peter Cole founded Squatters Pub Brewery, Salt Lake’s original brewpub. The company currently operates five brewpubs and a wine and ale house. In 2000, Squatters Craft Beers and Wasatch Brewery merged their brewery operations for draft and bottle production. To date, Squatters and Wasatch have brought home 17 World Beer Cup Awards and 30 Great American Beer Festival Medals. In 2010, they received the prestigious U.S. Mid-size Brewery of the Year award from the Brewers Association.
Squatters and Wasatch bottled and draft beers are available in Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Texas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. For more information, please visit www.squatters.com and www.wasatchbeers.com