- This event has passed.
Birds of Prey Presentation in Lake Havasu City, AZ
January 16, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm MSTFree
Martin, Susan, Scout, Belle and Helen will be traveling to Lake Havasu City, Arizona on Thursday, January 16th. They will flee temporarily from cold and snowy Cedar City to Havasu’s warmer weather. We all hope others might make the trip as well to enjoy some sun, fun and perhaps a stroll under the London Bridge.
All are welcome to contact our Volunteer Critter Webgeek who lives in Havasu for more information.
We will host two Wildlife Presentations at the Aquatic Center:
- Thursday, January 16th at 7pm
- Friday, January 17th at 5pm
The Aquatic Center info:
100 Park Avenue
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
The Southwest Wildlife Foundation offers “Birds of Prey”, an exciting educational program. The audience enjoys beautiful slides of wild raptors, while Master Falconer and educator Martin Tyner teaches about these majestic birds. Identification, hunting, nesting behaviors and our shared environment are among the topics discussed in the presentation.
- Martin’s program features “Belle” the Harris Hawk, “Helen” the Peregrine Falcon, and “Scout” the golden eagle.
- The program includes a powerpoint slide show with beautiful photographs taken by Martin of a great variety of birds of prey found throughout the western United States.
- He teaches the differences between hawks, falcons, eagles, vultures and owls through fun stories he tells as the slides are shown.
- After the slide show Martin brings out his live birds, one by one, saving the Eagle for last. He will tell more stories of wildlife rehabilitation and answer questions during this time. Do birds have a sense of smell? How good is their eye sight? How fast can they fly? How does he train them? And many more questions!
- This event is co-hosted by the Southwest Wildlife Foundation of Utah and Lake Havasu Water Savers!
Lake Havasu City Water Conservation Specialist, Briana Morgan, will be joining us with information about the Havasu Water Savers and water saving information and opportunities.
- Joey Saccomanno of the Havasu National Wildlife Refuge Complex will also be in attendance. He will speak briefly about the refuge and have a table with information.
- Our thanks to Dorothy Gallardo for promotions and assistance with show logistics!
- Much gratitude to Murphy Broadcasting for sharing word of our event on their network of Lake Havasu Area Radio Stations!
- Big thanks to the Shugrue’s Restaurant & Brewery Group! Martin & Susan will enjoy a free meal at Barley Brother’s! Located right on the channel, Barley Brothers offers window seating with breathtaking views of the London Bridge.
If you would like to help us promote this event please see information below.
|Download .PDF (8.5×11 in. 150dpi)||Download .JPG(1000x1000px)|
We are currently seeking Local Lake Havasu Businesses to Sponsor the event.
|Sponsorship Information for Businesses|
|Download .PDF (8.5×11 in. 150dpi)||Download .PDF|