The Southwest Wildlife Foundation of Utah currently has five Wildlife Ambassadors:
- Scout the Golden Eagle (view Scout’s videos)
- Cirrus the Prairie Falcon (view Cirrus’ videos)
- Piper the Prairie Falcon (view Piper’s videos)
- Belle the Harris Hawk (view Belle’s videos)
- Helen the Peregrine Falcon (view Helen’s videos)
These are birds that Martin takes with him to education presentations. Between presentations, they are part of the family and require daily care, attention and training.
A regular routine is essential to maintain the birds training the their relationship with Martin. Martin’s time and assurances through falconry techniques helps to calm the birds when they go into so many different types of situations during wildlife educational presentations.
This video shows Martin’s daily routine of checking in each bird at night and moving them into the house for bedtime. Then early in the morning, returning them back out to their chambers and feeding them a natural diet. The time they spend together each day is essential to their overall training and sense of well being.